Saturday 29 August 2020

Beautiful Buttetflies


Have you ever experienced being in your Craft Zone? For me, it normally happens after I've made a card or a layout, and suddenly the creativity juice keeps on flowing. It's the total opposite of a creativity block where I spend a while day and struggle to create anything!

Anyway, I'm going to make the most out of my craft mojo right now. I made the following card for a very generous lady that I know. Not only is she generous, she has also been so supporting and encouraging in my craft journey.

The inspiration for this card actually came after I made these butterflies.


Aren't they just so pretty? I stamped them using the Butterfly Gala stamp set and punched them out using the Butterfly Duet punch (more detailed listing of products used below).

After I had butterflies 😆, everything else just kind of fell in place......and here's the end result.

I didn't go too over the top with embellishment because I wanted to keep this card simple, yet elegant.

After that I couldn't put down my duet butterfly punch, and I have another special person in my life that I needed to make a card for. This time it's for a very dear friend who is always there for me. Who listens to all my problems (bless her!) and shares laughter with me too.

Her favourite colour is blue, and she has expensive taste, hahaha! So I added some silver foil to the card 🤣

I also added some stamped leaves to make the silver foil pop more and to add more dimensions to the card.

Pearls are perfect for the butterflies, don't you think? 😊

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and I also hope it'll inspire you to create something too!

Happy crafting,
Juanita

-------- MATERIALS USED --------

- 1 x Petal Pink A4 Cardstock for pink card base and textured background

- 1 x In Good Taste Designer Series Paper for strip in the middle for both cards

- 1 x Whisper White A4 cardstock for butterflies, leaves and sentiment stamping

- 1 x Silver Foil sheet for the blue card

Pearl Basic Jewels for decorating the butterflies and the card

Petal Pink ribbon for the pink card

Denim ribbon for the blue card


-------- TOOLS ---------

- Basic tool kit (trimmer, adhesives etc)

- Butterfly Duet punch

- Butterfly Gala stamp set for the butterflies and the thank you sentiment

- Beautiful friendship stamp set for the birthday sentiment

- Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder

- Tasteful Label Dies

- Forever Fern Bundle for the leaves stamps and die-cuts

- Soft suede and Petal pink inkpads for the pink card

- Night of Navy and Seaside Spray inkpads for the blue card



No comments:

Post a Comment