Sunday 13 September 2020

Stampers Anonymous Blog Hop September 2020

Hi everyone welcome to Stampers Anonymous Team Blog Hop!

If you're following this blog hop, you would've just came from the lovely Meighan Wheller's page.

This month we have a Sketch Challenge.


My Dad's birthday is just around the corner, so I thought this is perfect opportunity to tick two things off my to do list!
This is what I came up with.



Ok, let me share my thought process with you. I started with every intention to follow the sketch as closely as possible. So that explains the matting and the circle placement. For the strip behind the circle, I decided to use leaves instead, however, two leaves weren't enough 😆! So I placed a few more leaves around the circle. Some were stamped and die-cut, some were die-cut directly from gold foil sheets (see my listing of materials/tools used below). 



When it was time to put the sentiment on, I initially had it on the angle, just like the sketch, but then knowing my Dad who's a very neat and orderly man, I was worried that having the sentiment on an angle might annoy him a bit? LOL! Anyway, so I decided to just stick it down horizontally.
In the end, my card felt quite different to the sketch, but it's still lovely though, isn't it? 😊



Thanks for stopping by and please continue on the Blog Hop! Next we have the very talented Marelle Taylor, can't wait to see what she's came up with!


Here's a list of all the participants for this month's bloghop:
3. Juanita Chong (You're here!)


-----Tools and Materials Used -----
(besides basic tool kit such as trimmer, scissors, adhesives etc), I used:
1 x patterned paper for the circle from World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper
1 x white cardstock for stamping leaves and sentiment
1 x crumbed cake cardstock for card base and matting
Blossoms in Bloom stamp set for the sentiment
Rectangle stitched dies for die-cutting the sentiment
Cicle die for die-cutting the circle


Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting,
Juanita 💓




5 comments:

  1. Love your card, Juanita! I also really loved reading your design process too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy card Juanita, your Dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. I just love your take on the sketch, and the colours you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything on the card, Juanita! The choice of colours made it very classy :)

    ReplyDelete